RetailAI® Fresh solves for the time-consuming and error-prone experience that grocery store customers today struggle with when weighing fresh products on a self-serve scale. This solution retrofits traditional scales, enabling recognition of fresh products automatically – even while bagged – significantly reducing mis-click shrink, staff assists, and long queues. RetailAI® Fresh learns and remembers SKUs for self-serve products, enabling large-scale deployment.
Although the scales and self-checkout system are supposed to be easy to use, customers often turn to store staff for assistance, resulting in high operational costs and long lines.
Paying for fresh produce by weight takes a toll in time and frustration. Finding the correct item on the self-checkout screen takes - on average - more than 3 clicks and more than 15 seconds per item.
Mis-clicking is common, leading directly to operating losses. Many customers aren't necessarily aiming to shoplift, but the effort to sift through a complex UI may cause them to mis-click out of frustration.
Shoppers place their items
on the scale. It can be within or without a plastic bag.
RetailAl® Fresh identifies the items and offers matching thumbnails for easy 1-click selection.
Shoppers follow the on-screen prompts to complete their purchase with just one click.
The system prints a receipt automatically. Likely mis-clicks will optionally print a star on the ticket.
· Works with fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts - even when they’re bagged.
· New SKUs can be added automatically, and the accuracy gets better with every use.
· Significantly reduces shoppers’ average transaction time.
· Up to 90% reductions in some cases.
· Fewer, faster lines means a better shopping experience for customers.
· Shrink cut by 50% or more.
· Provides a platform to better understand customer behavior and paves the way for further shrinkage reductions.